Designer / Draftsperson – Structural
Adaptive Marine Solutions, Inc. (AMS) is a fast-growing Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering organization with Head Office located in the National Capital Region and with a team distributed throughout Canada. AMS was built on the vision of a team ready and eager to take on new challenges, be adaptive and do what it takes to deliver results for our clients.
We believe that our success comes from our Core Values:
- Act with Integrity
- Adapt to Succeed
- Make Each Other Better
- Focus on Solutions
- Get it Done
- Improve our Community
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunities to make real change, working with a passionate team at a growing company
- Competitive salaries
- Health and Group Benefits
- Support for tuition and certifications to aid your professional development
We are growing our team and looking for our future teammates. If this sounds like your kind of company, then we want to hear from you.
We are recruiting for Structural Designer positions in Ottawa, ON
Designers will be responsible for developing 3D structural product models and corresponding manufacturing information on a Navy New construction project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop 3D product models for ship structure(s) including primary, secondary and tertiary steel.
- Interpret technical, detail design and construction drawings related to structural design
- Develop specifications, sketches, requirements, and technical drawings
Create 3D models using typical marine design software;
- Review of production outputs, i.e. assembly drawing packages and nesting packages to ensure the correctness of the 3D model, and associated deliverables are compliant with specifications and standards;
- Support technical discussions for project reviews; and
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on qualifications of the applicant
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in naval architecture, structural design/engineering or the combination of education, technical training, and work experience;
- Experience in production design, ship design, ship construction or a related discipline;
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Ship Constructor, PDMS or other production design software would be an asset
- Experience working within a shipyard would be an asset;
- Thorough understanding of quality and continuous improvement;
- Decision-making skills and problem-solving considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; flexible, resourceful and efficient;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work within a team environment to support project completion
- Eligibility for enrollment into Controlled Goods Program
- Eligible Canadian Security Status (Secret or above)
If you are interested in applying for this position do not hesitate to contact AMS Inc. We request that you submit your application as follows:
- Submit resumes to email@example.com
- “Structural Designer” in the subject line
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name file(s) with your first and last name e.g., John Doe Resume.doc