CCGS Louis S. St. Laurent Refit
Louis S. St. Laurent
Engineering and detail design for drydocking and refit activities. AMS completed the work scopes listed below:
- Pump and Pipe Replacement
- Extended Spindle Replacement
- AV Gas Unit Replacement
- Piping Renewals
- Windlass Foundation Replacement
Pump and Pipe Replacement
12 pumps were replaced with pipe rerouting and foundation modifications to align with new pump configurations.
- Vessel survey and 3D scanning
- Equipment modelling of new pumps (per Vendor data)
- Over model of the 3D Scan to route pipes to align with new pump configuration (180 deg pumps vs 90 deg pumps)
- Destruct drawings
- Spool drawings
- Package install arrangement drawings
- Assembly drawings
- Plate nesting drawings
Extended Spindle Replacement
Mechanically operated valve spindles replaced with electrically operated actuators
- Ship survey and 3D scanning to capture as fitted condition.
- Removal drawings indicate the rip out of existing mechanical spindles.
- Repair details in way of penetrations of removed spindles
- Actuator power and control cable routing diagram
- Control panel foundation assembly and installation details
Capture the condition of the existing system
- Ship survey and 3D scanning to verify as fitted condition of fireman and sprinklers
- Update of Fire main and Sprinkler lines to align with as fitted survey
AV Gas Unit
The existing unit to be replaced with a new unit. AMS coordinated with the vendor to ensure the unit would fit in the location of the existing with minimal clashes.
- Arrangement Drawing to locate the unit and check for potential clashes
- Foundation adapter structure detail and installation drawings
Windlass Foundation Replacement
- 3 engineering studies to lower the windlass for better sight lines.
- Engineering detail drawing for the chosen option