Structural Engineer – Naval Architect
Adaptive Marine Solutions, Inc. (AMS) is a fast-growing Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering organization with offices in the National Capital Region (Kanata, ON) and Atlantic Canada (St. John’s, NL), and a team distributed throughout Canada. AMS was built on the vision of a team ready and eager to take on new challenges, be adaptive and do what it takes to deliver results for our clients.
We believe that our success comes from our Core Values:
- Act with Integrity
- Adapt to Succeed
- Make Each Other Better
- Focus on Solutions
- Get it Done
- Improve our Community
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunities to make real change, working with a passionate team at a growing company
- Competitive salaries
- Health and Group Benefits
- Support for tuition and certifications to aid your professional development
We are growing our team and looking for our future teammates. If this sounds like your kind of company, then we want to hear from you.
We are recruiting for a Structural Engineer – Naval Architect in Ottawa, ON, St. John’s, NL or Victoria, BC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop 3D product models for ship structures for new ship construction and refit projects
- Interpret technical, detail design and construction drawings related to Architectural/Structural design
- Complete structural analysis, identifying risks and providing mitigation strategies.
- Develop specifications, sketches, requirements, and technical drawings;
- Review of production outputs to ensure correctness of the 3D model and associated deliverables and compliance with specifications and standards;
- Support technical discussions for project reviews; and
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on qualifications of applicant.
- Engineering degree and Professional engineer (PEng) license in good standing.
- At least 10 years of structural engineering experience in the marine environment producing functional and detailed models and drawings
- Experience conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using Altair, LS DYNA or similar tools
- Experience with Design and Model reviews including drawing markup – for back fixing
- Experience in Client Specification review for developing work scopes as well as estimating work scopes and assisting PM in prioritizing and scheduling work
- Experience working directly with clients and regulatory bodies through meetings and correspondence.
- Experience working within a shipyard would be an asset
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; flexible, resourceful and efficient
- Must be able to create and foster a team environment to support project completion
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to make projects and proactively communicate projections, impacts and risks to project managers and management
- Strong ability to work under pressure, set and meet deadlines
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work in AutoCad and Ship Constructor. Ability to work in Aveva would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of quality and continuous improvement
- Eligibility for enrollment into Controlled Goods Program
- Eligibility for Canadian Security Status (Secret or above)
- Ability to travel to shipyard/vessel locations on occasion, when required.
If you are interested in applying for this position do not hesitate to contact AMS Inc. We request that you submit your application as follows:
- Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Naval Architecture/Structural Lead” in the subject line
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name file(s) with your first and last name e.g., John Doe Resume.doc